Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (hereinafter referred to as "Terms") set forth the terms and conditions for the provision of this service by TCROSS Co., Ltd. and TCROSS Communication Co., Ltd., as well as the rights and obligations between the Company and its members. In order to use the service, you must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
Article 1 (Application)
- The purpose of this Agreement is to set forth the terms and conditions for the provision of the Service and the rights and obligations between the Company and its members regarding the use of the service, and it applies to all relationships between members and the Company regarding the use of the Service.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the contents of this Agreement, the rules and other explanations of the Service outside of this Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement shall take precedence.
Article 2 (Definitions)
- The following terms used in these Terms shall have the meanings set forth below.
- "Service Agreement" means the Terms of Service and the Service Agreement between the Company and the Member.
- "Intellectual Property Rights" means copyrights, patents, utility model rights, design rights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights (including the right to acquire such rights or to apply for registration, etc. of such rights).
- "Posted data" means any content (including but not limited to texts, images, videos, and other data) posted or otherwise transmitted by a member or members using the service.
- "Company" means TCROSS Co., Ltd. and TCROSS Communication Co., Ltd.
- "Our Website" means the website operated by us whose domain is "tcross.co.jp" or "medico-academy.com" (if the domain or content of our website is changed for any reason, this includes the website after such change).
- "Member" means an individual or legal entity registered as a user of the Service in accordance with Article 3 (Use of the Service).
- "Service" means the services provided by the Company under the names "TCROSS NEWS," "TCROSS SHOP," "MEDiCO," and "MEDiCO English Academy" (in the event that the name or content of the services is changed for any reason whatsoever, this includes the services after such changes).
- "Paid Member" means a member who has been granted the qualification to view and use paid digital contents in TCROSS NEWS in accordance with the procedures separately determined by the Company, and “Free Member" means a member who can view and use only free digital contents in TCROSS NEWS. “MEDiCO Member" means a member who can use MEDiCO and MEDiCO English Academy.
- "Points" means TCROSS Points (TP) issued by TCROSS and TCROSS Communication, Inc. and its issuing system operated and managed by TCROSS Communication, Inc. and granted to Members.
Article 3 (Use of the Service)
- Any person who wishes to use the Service (hereinafter referred to as "Prospective Member") agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions and provides certain information as determined by the Company (hereinafter referred to as "Registration Items"). The Company will determine the registration method and the registration items in accordance with the Company's standards.
- The Company shall determine whether or not to register the applicant who has applied for registration in accordance with the Company's standards (hereinafter referred to as the "Registration Applicant"). If the Company approves the registration, it will notify the applicant of such approval. The registration of the applicant as a member shall be deemed to have been completed when the Company has given the notice in this section.
- Upon completion of registration as stipulated in the preceding Registration items, a service use contract is formed between the member and the Company, and the member is able to use the Service in accordance with the Terms. There are free members, paid members, SHOP members, and MEDiCO members when using the Service, and the contents that can be viewed and functions that can be used differ depending on the membership type.
- The Company may refuse registration or re-registration if any of the following applies to the applicant; and is under no obligation to disclose the reasons for such refusal.
- If there is any falsehood, error, or omission in all or part of the registration information provided to the Company.
- The applicant is a minor, an adult ward, a person under curatorship or assistance, and has not obtained the consent of his/her legal representative, guardian, curator, or assistant.
- If the Applicant made a false declaration at the time of enrolment.
- If the Applicant uses another person's or fictitious personal information to declare his or her membership.
- If the Applicant is registered for another of our research services or have already registered for this service (double registration).1
- If the Applicant is a member of antisocial forces, etc., (meaning organized crime groups, gang members, right-wing groups, antisocial forces, or other similar groups. The same shall apply hereinafter), or a person who cooperates or participates in the maintenance, operation, or management of an anti-social force, etc. through funding or other means.
- If the Company determines that the prospective registrant has violated a contract with the Company in the past or is related to such a person.
- If the applicant has been subjected to any of the measures stipulated in Article 20.
- In any other cases in which the Company deems registration is not appropriate.
- This service is to be used by individuals. Separate application and permission must be obtained from the Company for corporate use or account creation.
Article 4 (Change of Registered Information)
If there is any change in the registered information, the member shall notify the Company of such change without delay in the manner prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Management of Password and User ID)
- Members shall be responsible for the proper management and storage of their passwords and user IDs for the Service and shall not allow any third party to use them, or lend, transfer, change the name of, buy or sell, or otherwise dispose of them.
- Members shall be responsible for any damages caused by inadequate management of their passwords or user IDs, errors in use, or use by third parties, and the Company shall not be liable for any such damages.
Article 6 (Payment of Fees)
- In consideration of use of the Service, Member shall pay to the Company the fees and other charges (including all applicable taxes) separately determined by the Company and displayed on the Company's website, at the price in effect at the time of billing. However, if there is no stipulated consideration, it shall be free of charge.
- If a member delays payment of the usage fee, the member shall pay to the Company a late fee at the rate of 14.6% per annum.
- Members are responsible for any fees and charges incurred when accessing the service through an Internet provider or other third-party service.
- The fees set by the Company are subject to change with prior notice on the Company's website.
Article 7 (Payment Methods)
Paid-up members and members who use TCROSS SHOP, MEDiCO, and MEDiCO English Academy shall pay the usage fees and other fees (including all applicable taxes) by the payment method designated by the Company (in accordance with the provisions of the "Specified Commercial Transactions Law") as consideration for using the Service, to the Company, at the price at the time of billing.